Thank you for your interest in selling your book at the
Gallery Bookshop on a consignment basis!
Some of the things you will need to keep in mind are:
1. Payments for book sales are made four times a year, by the end of the month following each quarter. (April,July, October, and January)
2. Authors receive 60% of the retail sale price; Gallery Bookshop retains 40%.
3. A $25.00 one-time service fee is required for each book. This fee helps pay for the extra labor involved in tracking inventory and making individual payments.
We also require a signed Consignment Agreement Form (attached below).
4. It is the author’s responsibility to deliver new inventory and pick up any unsold inventory.
5. If the book sales are very low or nonexistent after a reasonable length of time (typically three to six months), we will discontinue carrying the book on our shelves and will ask you to pick up the unsold inventory.
If these terms are agreeable, please feel free to drop off 3 or 4 books, the completed and signed agreement form, and the service fee at the shop.
Typically, it takes one to two weeks for new books to be processed and put on our shelves. As with all inventory we carry in the store, we retain the right for any final decision to not carry a book if we believe it doesn’t fit the store’s philosophy or our market.
Please feel free to contact the Consignment Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that unsolicited review copies will not be returned.