Earth for All (Kobo eBook)
The economic operating system keeps crashing. It’s time to upgrade to a new one.
Five decades ago, The Limits to Growth shocked the world by showing that population and industrial growth were pushing humanity towards a cliff. Today the world recognizes that we are now at the cliff edge: Earth has crossed multiple planetary boundaries while widespread inequality is causing deep instabilities in societies. There seems to be no way out.
Earth For All is both an antidote to despair and a road map to a better future. Using powerful state-of-the-art computer modeling to explore policies likely to deliver the most good for the majority of people, a leading group of scientists and economists from around the world present five extraordinary turnarounds to achieve prosperity for all within planetary limits in a single generation. Coverage includes:
- Results of new global modeling that indicates falling well-being and rising social tensions heighten risk of regional societal collapses
- Two alternative scenarios – Too-Little-Too-Late vs The Giant Leap – and what they mean for our collective future
- Five system-shifting steps that can upend poverty and inequality, lift up marginalized people, and transform our food and energy systems by 2050
- A clear pathway to reboot our global economic system so it works for all people and the planet.
Written in an open, accessible, and inspirational style using clear language and high impact visuals, Earth For All is a profound vision for uncertain times and a map to a better future.
This survival guide for humanity is required reading for everyone concerned about living well on a fragile planet.
- FINALIST | 2022 Foreword INDIES - Ecology & Environment